Terms and Conditions
This Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between White Pine Cottages, Owners of White Pine Cottages and GUEST, (“Guest”) as of the electronic acceptance date of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
In consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises contained herein, Owner of the Rental Property does hereby lease and rent to Guest(s) such Rental Property under the following terms and conditions:
1. Property Location: The property is located at 184 Centre Road, Lake St. Peter, Ontario, Canada, K0L2K0, on the shore of Lake St. Peter. The property is furnished and includes household appliances, furnishings, decorations, artwork, linens, kitchenware, audio/video equipment and personal property. The specific Cottage will be Cottage number 1-6 or Trailer 1 or 2 as per the original booking request. Owner reserves the right to adjust the Guest’s Cottage number or Trailer number without Guest’s prior permission as all Cottages and all trailers are similarly equipped and all Cottage rental rates are the same and all Trailer rental rates are the same.
2. Reserving Cottages: We appreciate our repeat customers and value the loyalty of many families who have booked a cottage each year with us. White Pine Cottages’ policy is to accommodate rental reservations up to the end of the next calendar year in advance. It is also our policy that any rental is based on a first requested and confirmed with a deposit basis only.
3. Rental Party/Maximum Occupancy: The rental party shall be limited to the number listed on the rental reservation. The maximum number of guests in a cottage is limited to 5 people. The Owner may make an exception to the maximum occupancy numbers for families with small children or in other unique cases. The maximum number of adult guests is limited to 4 in a Cottage. For Trailers 1 and 2, the maximum occupancy is 2 adults and 2 children and no pets. Unless a specific written exemption has been made by the Owner, an additional charge of $50 minimum per person per night for guests in addition to above guests will be assessed.
At all times during said rental period, Guest agrees to have no more than the allowed number of guests for occupancy, (including children). If more than the stated number of guests are found to be occupying the unit, without prior written permission, Owner has the right to terminate this contract and Guest will forfeit all monies paid, including rent and deposits.
4. Term of the Lease: The rental period begins at 4pm on the dates in the reservation and will end at 10am, on the checkout date. Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 10am. For weekly rentals Saturday is the turn day unless other arrangements have been approved by Owner in Each year the weeks starting with the week that includes Victoria Day and ending with the week that Labour Day occurs in will be default full week rental weeks unless an exception is made by White Pine Cottages. These weeks will be considered “High Season”.
5. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules (see below) as at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. Should Guest violate these rules, Owner reserves the right to cancel this rental immediately with no refund due to the Guest.
6. Noise: Guest understands and agrees that they, and all members of their rental party will be respectful to our neighbors, including, driving slowly on the road to the property, not creating any noise (including music) which the neighbors can hear, especially in the evening and during the Any violation of this rental agreement and Guest will be required to leave immediately, with no refund for any unused rental time.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees: The rental rate shall be as stated on the rental form, with additional guests permitted by prior written permission, at a rate of $50/night per extra person.
9. Deposit: A rental deposit of 30% of the rental amount of the reservation is due to hold the reservation. If no deposit is made and confirmed, the reservation is not completed.
10. Balance: If not already paid in full, any balance of the rental and all taxes, pet fees, and cleaning fees must be paid in full, prior to or on the Check-In Date. See the booking confirmation for the financial details. Should the reservation be made less than 30 days prior to occupancy, then the full amount shall be due at the time of booking.
11. REFUNDS: The refund policy is as follows:
Cancellation Policy: Guests are advised that any initial 30% deposit and the full payment (if already paid) are NON-REFUNDABLE for cancellations that occur within 30 days of the check-in date. Exceptions: The cancellation date for stays in July and August is May 1st, due to the resort's remote location and our potential inability to re-sell the stay. The owner may refund the balance ONLY in the case that Owner is able to re-rent the property for the same terms and conditions as the booking confirmation, attached and a part of this agreement. A $100 “remarketing fee” shall be charged. Rather than pay a $100 remarketing fee, Guest also has the option to receive a full credit to be used for a future rental of the property, within the current or following year of cancellation.
Should Owner not be able to re-rent the property for said canceled time, no refund or future credit shall be offered.
A refund will be made in full for any cancellation that occurs with more than 30 days’ notice (withthe exception of stays in July and August, where the cancellation deadline is May 1st.)
12. Force Majeure: Owner is not responsible for the relocation of Guest should the house become non-habitable due to acts of God, such as wildfire, floods, tornadoes, earthquakes, and natural disasters, and the Owner is not liable for the costs of finding an alternative accommodation or for damages because alternative accommodation cannot be found.
13. Condition of Property: Guest shall return the premises in the same condition as received. Guest agrees they will be responsible for excessive additional cleaning if needed, and hereby agrees to have excessive cleaning invoiced to them and payable within 5 (five) business days, at Owner’s sole discretion. Guest also agrees to leave the property in good condition with all items, furniture, etc. in the same place as where they found them upon move in.
Guest hereby assumes all liability for reimbursement to Owner for any damages caused by Guest and their party within 5 (five) business days of receipt of invoice from Owner.
14. No Assignment or Subletting: This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor the premises sublet without the prior written consent of the Owner. Guest acknowledges that they will personally occupy the property for the entire rental period and will not sublet any portion of the property. Violation of these terms shall give Owner the right to immediately evict Guest and terminate this Agreement, and Guest will forfeit any right of return of any monies paid to date including any security deposit.
15. Indemnification: Guest agrees to indemnify Owner and Owner’s Agent and save Owner and Owner’s Agent from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees in connection with the loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to the property arising from or out of any occurrence in, upon, or about the premises, occasioned by an act or omission by Owner, Owner’s Agent, Guest or other occupants.
OWNER and OWNER’S AGENT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR INJURY to Guest or Guests: It is expressly understood and agreed that Owner and Owner’s Agent will not be liable for any damages or injury to Guest or other occupants and their property from whatever cause arising from the occupancy of said premises, both inside and outside of the cottage, whether on the property or elsewhere.
THE SUPERVISION AND SAFETY OF ALL CHILDREN ARE THE DIRECT RESPONSIBILITY OF GUEST OR PARENTS, OR CARETAKERS OF ANY CHILDREN ON THE PREMISES, including but not limited to decks, docks, water sports equipment, trampoline, and all other activities or equipment on the premises.
Guest specifically accepts ALL liability for use of bunk beds, pedal boats, paddle boards, canoes, kayaks, docks, firepits, trampoline and any other equipment on the property and understands that Owner and Owner’s Agent shall have no liability from any accidents, injuries, or death that may result from the proper or improper use of any equipment or facilities on site. Guest accepts said liability by voluntary use of any equipment or facilities on the property or on the lake.
The Rental Property may offer access to recreational and water activities, including but not limited to canoes, bicycles, and swimming. Guest fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreational and water activities have inherent risks, dangers and hazards. Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Guest agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guest hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Owners or by any other person. Guest hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guest further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom he may allow to enter the property during the rental period and indemnifies Owner from any and all claims arising from such other persons.
16. Entire Agreement: This document and any attached addenda constitute the entire agreement between the parties. No oral statements shall be binding. This Agreement may only be amended by a written document duly executed by all parties. It is the intention of the parties that if any portion of this Agreement is invalid for any reason, such invalidity shall not void the remainder of the Rental Agreement.
17. Disputes and Jurisdictions: This agreement shall be interpreted under the laws of the Province of Ontario. Any dispute under this Agreement shall be resolved in the County of Hastings Highlands, Ontario. If either party brings an Action to enforce its rights under this agreement, the prevailing party may recover its expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with the Action and any appeal from the losing party.
Rental Rules (IMPORTANT)
By making a reservation at White Pine Cottages, Guest agrees that Guest and Guest’s party will abide by these Rules and Regulations, as well as any other Rules and Regulations posted in the Guidebook or on the property.
1. The Guest understands and agrees that the Owner and/or Owner’s Agents of White Pine Cottages are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Guest specifically indemnifies and holds the Owner and Owner’s Agent harmless from any By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. If all guests on this reservation do not personally sign this waiver of liability, then the primary renter accepts liability for all guests and hereby waives any Owner or Owner Agent liability on their behalf.
2. Access to the property will be available at 4pm on the starting day of your rental. Guests must check-in at the office or by email. In most cases, your key will be located on a hook inside your door and your cottage will be unlocked, awaiting your arrival.
3. Owner and/or Owner’s Agent are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
4. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the Rental Agreement may not stay overnight in the The property shall not be used for gatherings of any kind for anyone other than registered Guests (i.e., dinner parties, weddings, etc.) without advance express written permission of the Owner.
5. Guest promises to keep the property and all furnishings in good order and to leave the property in the same (or better) condition than when it was Guest promises to only use appliances and amenities of the Cottage rental for their intended uses. i.e. ovens are not used as heaters etc.
6. Children: White Pine Cottages is family friendly and welcomes children who are respectful of the property and of other Guests. Parents hereby agree to supervise their children both indoors and outdoors, especially in and around the lake and beach areas that are shared with other guests.
7. Housekeeping: Guests are responsible to bring their own linens, blankets, pillows and towels. Everything else you might need should be in the cottage such as dishes, silverware, dish soap, toilet paper, paper towels etc. If you find you forgot something or you are missing something in your Cottage, please contact the owners as we most likely have what you need in your cottage, or we can lend you some equipment.
8. Gas Heaters: Gas and heating is turned off in the entire property from June until September. Upon request, we have small space heaters that are available if we have a very cold spell through the summer. This happens very infrequently.
9. Septic System, Plumbing: The system is very effective; however, it will clog if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No wipes, Q-tips, cotton swabs, makeup wipes, paper towels, feminine products should be flushed at any time. If there is a clog in the system caused by the Guest, Guest will be charged damages
10. Weather: White Pine Cottages is located in snow country. We love the snow, but local roads can be snow covered, curvy and dangerous at times. Guest will be responsible for shoveling their vehicle out should White Pine Cottages receive significant snow during Guest’s stay. Owner highly recommends four-wheel drive during the winter months and cannot refund anything due to road conditions. Travel insurance is
11. Pets: White Pine Cottages is a dog friendly resort. An additional cleaning fee is levied for each pet. Pets must be always under the owner’s control and on-leash or tied when required. Guests who have a dog that becomes a nuisance to the peace and enjoyment of the property by other Guests or the Owners will be asked to deal with the issue immediately. No refunds will be provided for an owner who must vacate due to a nuisance pet. Other than dogs, no other types of pets are allowed such as birds, cats, snakes etc.
12. Tents: Tents or additional trailers are not allowed on the property for accommodations.
13. Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed inside any building or Cottage on the property. You may smoke on your deck and ashtrays are provided. There is a “butt can” by the boat house where ashtrays can be emptied. Please do not throw ashes or butts in cans or bottles or in the garbage or in the recycling containers.
14. Watersports: Guests are allowed to use all watersport equipment free of charge and used at your own risk. Please be familiar with laws governing the use of this equipment. Life jackets and orange boating safety kits are also available for use free of charge.
15. Alcoholic Beverages & Drugs: Guest agrees that there will be no illegal activities on the premises, including but not limited to possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under the age of 19; or the possession or use of any illegal Additionally, Guest accepts full responsibility and liability and hereby indemnifies Owner and/or Owner’s agents for anything that happens in reference to Guest and/or Guest’s party partaking of any alcoholic beverages or drugs on the property.
16. Fireworks: are not permitted at White Pine Cottages. The owners may however organize small fireworks displays on special occasions or on public holidays on their own or in coordination with a Guest(s).
17. Rainstorms: If we are expecting rain, the side windows of the Cottages will need to be closed as driving rain enters these windows easily. If you leave the resort for the day to explore the area, you should also close these windows.
18. Campfires: We have a community fire pit for use by all Guests. We will follow advice from the municipality regarding when fires may take place. When fires are allowed, the guideline is that they should start no earlier than 7 pm and be extinguished by midnight. Wood is provided at extra charge (the 1st wheel barrow of wood is complimentary).
19. Travel Paths: Please use the laneway, or the shoreline to get to your Cottage, do not cross other Guest’s decks or areas. Owners on Lake St. Peter own their waterfronts. We own the waterfront from the dock at Cottage 1 to just past Cottage 5. Please do not venture past these areas onto neighbour’s private property.
20. Water: We are on a deep well system and our water is filtered and healthy for drinking. We have our water tested by public health 4 times a year and we have never had a problem in our history. If you have a very sensitive constitution, you may wish to use bottled water.
21. BBQs, Dish Drying Racks and Other Equipment: If you are inexperienced with the proper use of any equipment, please consult with the owners and we will assist you. As an example, the tray for a dish drying rack must be placed over the edge of the sink to drain properly or it may cause water damage. If you have never used a BBQ, you should ask for help the first time as they can present significant danger.
By making a reservation at White Pine Cottages, Guest agrees that Guest and Guest’s party will abide by these Rules and Regulations, as well as any other Rules and Regulations posted in the Guidebook or on the property or communicated to you by the owners.